Family Promise of Gloucester County is an affiliate of a nationwide organization whose mission is to help homeless working families achieve sustainable independence through a community-based response. Our vision is a nation in which every family has a home, a livelihood, and the chance to build a better future. Our affiliate was founded in 2003 and welcomed our first family in December of 2005. We are managed by a Board of Trustees and employ a Chief Executive Officer and an Executive Director of Programs and Services to manage daily operations. We harness the resources of over 400 volunteers throughout our community and partner with a variety of other nonprofit and social service organizations to assist families in reaching their goals of permanent housing.
The mission of Family Promise of Gloucester County is to provide homeless families an opportunity to achieve stability by providing shelter, food, case management, and hospitality while simultaneously utilizing resources within local congregations and the community. Our program provides families with a long term solution to maintain permanent housing.
- Awarded Nonprofit of the Year by the Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce
- Awarded $20,000 grant from the Columbia Bank Foundation to purchase new van
- Network Executive Director Victoria Peters awarded one of Gloucester County's Women of Acheivement by the Gloucester County Commission for Women
- Reached 200 "Likes" on Facebook
- Unveiled our new, more interactive website
- The Day Center gets a make over by energetic volunteers
- Day Center moved to current location in Glassboro
- Volunteer training takes places to prepare for the first guests
- December - moved into the Family Center and opened the doors
- Dec. 19th - first homeless family entersFamily Promise of Gloucester Country
- Community members formed Family Promise Gloucester Country
- Worked with National Family Promise
- Started recruiting congregations and raising initial operating funds